Graduation is just around the corner and you are about to achieve a great accomplishment! Whether or not you will be attending commencement ceremonies, you must apply to graduate. The Office of the Registrar can walk you completely through the process.

Graduation Process 

A brief description of the process is listed below.

When to Apply

Apply in the semester in which you earned your 90th semester hour, approximately two semesters preceding your expected graduation date. Undergraduate students are eligible to apply for graduation if they have a minimum GPA of 1.5 and at least 90 credit hours earned.

How to Apply

Complete the application form by logging into PAWS. To access the Graduation Application, select the Enrollment tab. The Application for Graduation link is located under the Updates/Requests Student Record section of the page. Once the link is selected, step-by-step instructions will be provided regarding the application process. Submit the form online with the graduation fee.

The graduation fee is $50 for all graduate and undergraduate students. Students must apply for each degree/major earned and pay a separate fee. The fee covers the cost of printing, packaging and mailing your diploma.

After you Apply

Undergraduate graduation applicants will be contacted by their college’s Office of Academic Assistance (OAA) 4-8 weeks after applying.

Graduates should continue to work with their specific academic advisor. They will work with you to ensure you are on track to meet graduation requirements. The advisor will inform you of any remaining requirements. Additionally, the Graduation Office will conduct an audit during the graduation term listed on your application.

Note: Graduate students from the College of Arts and Sciences are strongly advised to consult the website for their area as procedures differ.

 Changing Your Graduation Date or Your Attendance at the Ceremony After You Apply

Students who know they will not graduate the semester for which they have applied, but will graduate a subsequent semester, or students who want to change whether they are attending the actual commencement ceremony must complete the Change of Graduation Date form (.doc).

  • Click on the form above and complete.
  • Save the form on your computer.
  • Attach the form to an email and send it to