B.S. (1984): Nankai University, China
Ph.D (1990) : University of California, Berkeley
Postdoc (1991-1992): University of California at Berkeley
Postdoc (1992-1994): Scripps Research Institute
Organic synthesis; peptide & glycopeptide synthesis; conjugation chemistry for sugar-protein & sugar-drug synthesis; protein cloning, expression & purification; glycoanalysis; proteomics.
The main research focus in the Wang laboratory is glycoscience with emphasis on glycan synthesis & analysis, chemical biology of glycoconjugates and new drug development to combat infections, diabetes and cancers.
Areas of study:
– Organic, chemoenzymatic synthesis of glycans, glycolipids, glycoproteins and lipopolisaccharides
– Glycoanalysis and glycoproteomics using state-of-the-art tools and instruments such as MALDI (Flextreme), LCMSMS (Orbitrap Elite)
– Chemical biology of glycosylation and protein posttranslational modification
– Biochemistry of glycosyltransferases & glycosidases
– Carbohydrate-based vaccines to prevent infections
– Sugar-based immunotherapy to overcome diabetes and cancers
- Recent publications (out of 284):
Li, Lei; Wang, Peng George; et al “Efficient Chemoenzymatic Synthesis of an N-glycan Isomer Library” Chemical Science 2015, 6 (10), 5652-5661.
Wen, Liuqing; Wang, Peng George; et al “Facile Enzymatic Synthesis of Ketoses” Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2015, 54 (43), 12654-8.
Ma, Cheng; Wang, Peng George; et al “A precise approach in large scale core-fucosylated glycoprotein identification with low- and high-normalized collision energy” Journal of Proteomics 2015, 114, 61-70.