M.S: Eastern Illinois University
Ph.D: Miami University
POSTDOC: Louisiana State University
Designing novel chiral and achiral pseudostationary phases and stationary phases for different modes of Capillary Electrophoresis-Mass Spectrometry (CE-MS). This includes Micellar Electrokinetic Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (MEKC-MS) using Nanomicelles and Capillary Electrochromatography (CEC-MS) using Monolithic, Open tubular and Packed columns; (b) Development of Chip-HPLC-MS for analysis of small and large molecule Biomarkers for early Disease Diagnostics; (c) High throughput screening of Lead Chiral Drug; (e) Studying Drug-Drug Interactions; (f) CE-MS and HPLC-MS of Metabolomics, Proteomics and Foodomics; (g) Analysis of Herbal Anticancer Agents by HPLC-MS and CE-MS.
- Wang, X., Davis, I., L, Aimin, Miller, A., Shamsi, S. A. “Improved Separation and Detection of Picolinic acid and Quinolinic acid by Capillary Electrophoresis-Mass Spectrometry: Application to Analysis of Human Cerebrospinal Fluid.” J. Chromatogr.A. 2013, 1316. 147-153.
- Wang, X., Hou, J., Shamsi, S. A., “Development of a Novel Chiral Micellar Electrokinetic Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry Assay for Simultaneous Analysis of Warfarin and Hydroxywarfarin Metabolites: Application to the Analysis of Serum Samples of Patients Undergoing Warfarin Therapy.” J. Chromatogr. A. 2013, 1271, 207-216.
- He, Jun, Wang, Morrell, M., Xiochun, Shamsi, S. A., “Surfactant-Bound Amino Acid Based Chiral Monolithic Column. “Synthesis, Characterization and Application in Capillary Electrochromatography.” Anal. Chem. 2012, 84, 5236–5242.
- Bragg, W., Shamsi, S. A., “Development of a Fritless Packed Column for Capillary Electrochromatography-Mass Spectrometry.” J. Chromatogr. A. 1218, 2011, 8691-8700
- Gu, C., Shamsi, S. A., “Evaluation of A Methacrylate Bonded Cyclodextrins As A Monolithic Chiral Stationary Phase for Capillary Electrochromatography (CEC)-UV and CEC Coupled to Mass Spectrometry.” Electrophoresis. 2011, 32, 2727-2737.