PhD in nano- and micro-bioengineering and biomaterial, Nancy, France
- New drug and matrix formulation of nanoparticles for cell targeting during fatty liver disease.
- Fruit extracted exosomes characterization for liver therapy.
- Drug delivery in intestinal bowel diseases (IBD) by nano and micro technology. This includes liposomes, nanoparticles and molecules complexes for delivery of peptides, proteins, polysaccharides and oligonucleotides (miRNA, siRNA and plasmids …).
- Chemical modifications of polymer and copolymer (PLA and PEG) using ring opening synthesis.
- Separation and quantification of sulfated polysaccharides derivatives using Capillary Electrophoresis.
- Laroui H., Emilie V, Xiao B, Canup BS, Duke G, Denning TL, Merlin D. Fab’-bearing siRNA TNFα loaded nanoparticles targeted to colonic macrophages offer an effective therapy for experimental colitis. J Control Release. 2014 May 5.
- Laroui H, Geem D, Xiao B, Viennois E, Rakhya P, Denning T, Merlin D. Targeting intestinal inflammation with CD98siRNA/PEI-loaded nanoparticles. Mol Ther. 2013 Sep 12.
- Xiao B, Laroui H, Viennois E, Ayyadurai S, Charania MA, Zhang Y, Zhang Z, Baker MT, Zhang B, Gewirtz AT, Merlin D. Nanoparticles With Surface Antibody Against CD98 and Carrying CD98 Small Interfering RNA Reduce Colitis in Mice. Gastroenterology. 2014
- Laroui H, Rakhya P, Xiao B, Viennois E, Merlin D., Nanotechnology in diagnostics and therapeutics for gastrointestinal disorders. Dig Liver Dis. 2013 May 6.
- Laroui, H., Y. Yan, Y. Narui, S.A. Ingersoll, S. Ayyadurai, M.A. Charania, F. Zhou, B. Wang, K. Salaita, S.V. Sitaraman, and D. Merlin, L-Ala-gamma-D-Glu-meso-diaminopimelic acid (DAP) interacts directly with leucine-rich region domain of nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain 1, increasing phosphorylation activity of receptor-interacting serine/threonine-protein kinase 2 and its interaction with nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain 1. The Journal of biological chemistry, 2011. 286(35): p. 31003-13.