75th Herty Medal Celebration
ACS Georgia Local Section
- 75th Herty Medal Symposium,
Thursday afternoon, September 17, 2009 at the Wardlaw Center
in Georgia Tech.
- Encouraging attendance from graduate students, postdoctoral
students, research scientists, faculty and industrial chemists
in the Georgia area.
- The theme is "Chemistry for Life in the Southeast"
- Graduate students are strongly encouraged to submit posters
- 75th Herty Medal Banquet,
Thursday evening, September 17, 2009 at the Georgia Tech Alumni House.
- The 75th annual dinner commemorating the Herty Medalist.
- This year's Medalist is Craig Hill from Emory University.
- Future Medalists Symposia,
Friday morning, September 18, 2009 at several venues in the Atlanta area.
- Encouraging attendance from high schools students in the Georgia area.
- High school students are encouraged to participate in an essay contest.
- Herty Medal Undergraduate Research Symposium (HMURS),
Friday afternoon, September 18, 2009 at Morehouse College.
- Encouraging attendance from undergraduate researchers in the Georgia area.
- Chemistry programs and/or ACS student chapters are encouraged to
present posters. These will not
be eligible for the Poster Awards, but the HMURS is a great forum to
attract students to graduate programs and to create networks with
fellow undergraduate chemistry programs.
Last Modified: Tuesday, 14-Jul-2009 23:36:12 EDT